Monday, 30 July 2012

Introduction

I think it's perhaps time to document some of my activities on matched betting. Although I've called it full-time matched betting, I'm not full-time, and I don't recommend anyone to do this. The reasons are pretty simple to me; it's not a career choice you would make. Even the best of talents of the matched betting game would have a hard time 'climbing the ladder' as it were, because people simply want to knock you down, and by that I mean bookies banning you online, banning your face at shops. Very quickly your income streams will dry up.

The more relevant thing is that you can make a full-time income on this on part-time hours. I'm not going to discuss figures too much here, but considering that any earnings from gambling activities are tax free in the UK, you can make a decent wedge of money for a bit of work. Brains aren't really required, but it helps if you are numerate and have an interest in sport. By far the most important aspect of the game is discipline and to stick to plans. Most people have made mistakes, but the worst mistakes of all are the ones that you make knowingly, for example, chasing losses.

If you suffer from this, please don't get complacent. You may have a decent run of a month, but a mistake can wipe out weeks of profit and be hugely demoralising. The best option is not to get into a situation where you have to trade in the first place. If you have an underlay, let it be (unless you can generate more profits if the odds go your way).

I'm not going to discuss any particular techniques, but rather as documentation of events as they come along. Have a read, and have fun - if there's something you want to know, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment